Went to see DIR EN GREY live for the fourth time last night, and they were great. I'm still way too tired to type much, but a few things I want to mention are:
- Kyo's performance, which was almost perfect and without any hint of his recent surgery. Even though the rest of the band had their share of occasional slip-ups, I find it almost impossible to name a single flaw in whatever Kyo did last night.
- The sound guys screwed up for the first two or three songs, which led to the funny sensation of an almost unrecognizable "DIFFERENT SENSE" and a few evil stares from Kyo, but it everything went smooth after "OBSCURE" set in.
- Great audience! A rare evening with no one shouting or disturbing the silent moments and a capella parts.
- Best performances of the night: Probably "KASUMI", "THE FINAL", and "RASETSUKOKU". Those three were really spot-on.
- Awesome wall of death during "REIKETSU NARISEBA", one of their greatest live songs.
- Never seen the band staying on stage for so long after the gig was over, with Kyo even smiling (!) at the audience. I seriously have never seen that before!
Here's the setlist and a few pics afterwards (hey, nice work, my dear Nexus 4!) for those who missed it:
DIR EN GREY
TOUR2013 TABULA RASA
Live at Live Music Hall, Cologne, Germany (11.06.2013)
- KYOUKOTSU NO NARI (Intro)
- THE BLOSSOMING BEELZEBUB
- DIFFERENT SENSE
- CONCEIVED SORROW
- – INWARD SCREAM –
- TSUMI TO BATSU
- REIKETSU NARISEBA
- – Encore –
- THE FINAL
- HAGESHISA TO, KONO MUNE NO NAKA DE...